MODULE 2: Nourishing your Soul
Week 2: Enjoy the Wild Ride!
This Weeks Homework:
This Lessons Downloadable Documents
1 Read the Article: Who Needs Light; Feeling Like a Child. Highlight what stands out for you and come prepared for discussion.
2. Watch the Video "My Stroke of Insight" and reflect on Jills experience as it relates to the cultural division between brain hemispheres Kathryn May talks about and how your eyes are literally the extensions of these two sides of your brain!
3. If you have not read it yet, read " In the Service of Life" article.
4. Continue to practise being aware of natural light sources through windows or sky lights. With your awareness in the centre of your mind (what I call command central) make it your intent to receive (breath in) the light.
5. While palming, practise moving your awareness up and backward, to the centre of your brain - breath and notice how you feel. * Try doing this while you are particularly frustrated or angry.
6. Take turns patching (or closing) one eye at a time and doing the Visual Exercise we practised by Kathryn May (downloadable document) Use Eye Dialogue and your feeling and needs sheets to deepen your understanding of what your eyes NEED to be able to sit comfortably back in the "Command Central Position".
* Take notes of the dominant feelings and differences between
your eyes. (Write down any frustrations) KEEP THESE NOTES for future individual sessions or the Retreat.
1. Read Who Needs Light; Feeling Like a Child
3. Watch this video "My Stroke of Insight" by Jill Bolte
My Stroke of Insight Video LINK
4. Read In the Service of Life by Rachel Naomi Remen
(1 Page only)